1. Superman flies wherever he wants thanks to the power of our yellow sun. Batman uses super-cool technology from his own design team (Haus of Bat) to get where he’s going, like the Batwing and the Batmobile. Even his cape has a purpose: deflect bullets, resist fire, turn into a glider. Superman’s cape is for show.
2. Superman has a hankering for Ma Kent’s delicious Kansas farmhouse cooking. Batman has a burning obsession to cleanse his city from criminals like the robber who killed his parents. Superman enjoys punch and pie. Batman consumes only enough sustenance to keep the spirit of vengeance alive.
3. Superman works at a day job where he is underappreciated, especially by his boss and the strident plucked chicken he wants to date. (That might be harsh, but I’ll always see Lois as Margot Kidder.) Batman is a self-made billionaire who naps in the board room while lackeys fight for five minutes of his attention. By day, Batman is desired by surgically optimized gold diggers determined to show him a good time. By night, he’s desired by Catwoman. I mean, really — who would you rather be?
4. Superman is known for his devotion to truth, justice and the American way. Batman is known for being crazy. Also, for fighting dirty. (At least watch the video up to the point where Superman states he won’t have vigilantism in his town. See how Batman responds.)
5. Superman hangs out with his pal Jimmy Olsen, who looks like a snot-faced kid but is actually of age and gainfully employed. Batman hangs out with vulnerable underaged male orphans, whom he makes legally dependent on him before embarking on an intense 24/7 relationship of … wait. Scratch all that.
6. Superman is a handsome humanoid alien who can do literally anything if the circumstances call for it. Batman is a normal human who has no advantage he didn’t acquire through intellect, application, determination and dedication. There can only be one Superman. But anyone can be Batman — if they work at it hard enough.
Okay, now it’s time to visit the top of my site and click on the Holiday Hop! You’ll be directed to a list of over 60 independent authors. Take your time, click on the individual names to explore each author’s site and learn more about each book. Then email me at email@example.com the name of one book. You’ll be entered in the daily drawing for my Naughty or Nice giveaway, plus my own grand prize (a $50 gift certificate to your choice of Amazon or B & N) and the Holiday Hop grand prize: a brand new Kindle Fire!